Friday, September 25, 2015

Out of the hospital, surgery is done & dusted!




Ok, I'm finally home from the hospital and I think I can say that I've had a pretty rough 4 days. I've been suffering from a bad deviated septum for years and I finally managed to get over myself and got the surgery done. 


All set...or that's what I thought anyway...


Basically it was a 4 days long thing. Went in on Monday and got the operation done straight away in the morning. Luckily I was put to sleep, so I missed the "horror" part of the game. Thank God. 

Then I woke up at about 2 pm and the real suffering started. My nose was fully stuffed up with dossils to avoid any trouble and to keep the internal bits in places. I also got kitted out with this beast looking sling type gear to keep the messy things inside. 


Pretty much after I woke up...


So, there I was...with my head heavy as hell from the anaesthetics and from the load of painkillers...and my nose is stuffed up to about 3 times bigger than normal. Always sleepy...always tired...generally knackered... 

The third day the Doctor removed about half of the dossils which was definitely some relief. Then the last day she took all of them out which was good of course but possibly the most painful and disturbing thing I've ever had... 

And now I am at home and started my recovery. Feeling a bit better but I'm miles away from normal. At least I can slowly breath through my nose already and the bleeding has stopped also. Great stuff! :) 

The good news is that the surgery went well and I will feel like a new guy in a few weeks time. The bad part is that I can't ride a bike for 4 weeks to avoid any risk of bleeding and infections. But hey, you always gotta pay the price, hah? 


So, cycling mode off, gaming mode on! Here we go, loads of fun to be had!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment